Do you do the ‘Twitter hours’?
Networking is a critical part of modern business promotion and Twitter provides an excellent means of networking in geographically specific areas.
Twitter hours are one hour of local networking at the same time every week and all it takes is including the hash-tag of the group in your tweet.
For example, in our local area we have:
- #BognorRegisHour (Mondays 19:30 – 20:30)
- #ChichesterHour (Tuesdays 20:30 – 21:30)
- #WorthingHour (Wednesdays 20:30 – 21:30)
- #SussexHour (Thursdays 20:00 – 21:00)
As you can see, in this case each is on a different day and pretty soon you will find that you become ‘connected’ to other businesses in your area and the great thing about this is it is free!
The protocol is simple:
- find out when the ‘hours’ are in your area using a search and join the hour group by just saying ‘Hello’.
- After this be sure to read the other group members’ tweets and, if you find them useful or interesting RT (ReTweet) or Favourite them as you wish.
- Promote your own product or service but try to make it interesting. The more interesting your tweets are the more likely you are to be RT’d or favourited.
- Always thank someone for ReTweeting and if you are ‘followed’ by someone consider reciprocating the follow.
If you also use Facebook you can have your tweets automatically appear on your Facebook page, or even directly into your website.
There are many ways to promote your business at little or no cost and we can help you with this.